Three simple words to get you into the kitchen to prepare your own meals the way you want it.
It sure beats hunting down restaurants to find a suitable meal. We simply love this easy pasta recipe. Enough to eat and store on your own, or have friends and family over.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the packet of pasta you bought.
- Place the sugar snap peas for the last 1 minute of boiling.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water; then drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta mixture, sweet pepper, basil, and olives. Set aside.
- Take a screw-top jar or an old jam jar and combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and shake well. Pour dressing over pasta and vegetables; toss gently to combine.
"Try grilling the peppers for a more smoky flavor, or spice it up with slices of fresh chilies or chili flakes."
PER SERVING: 118 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 75 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (2g fiber), 3g pro.
Text and recipe adapted from Diabetic Living’s diabetic recipes, which are taste-approved by Better Home and Gardens® Test Kitchen.